Friday, May 7, 2010

CONFESSION

Hi Crafters! Time for me to come clean about something. Over a year ago I bought Texturz Plates (#114512) for my Big Shot. I fell in love with them but after I received them I couldn't for the life of me get them to properly texture my cardstock. I tried every suggestion I received but could not get them to work. Then I saw a card posted by Tracy Woodman-Raymond on Late Night Stampers and she indicated that she had used the Texturz Plates! I emailed her right away to find out her secret to get the plate to properly "texture". She was nice enough to email me back and she told me that she sprayed her cardstock with alcohol!!! Yes, that's right! I thought, what do I have to lose? So I dug those plates up from a drawer in my stamp room, pulled some Very Vanilla cardstock, sprayed it with spray hand sanitizer (the primary ingredient being alcohol!) and low and behold it worked! No one was more surprised than me! I layered the Very Vanilla on Old Olive after sponging it with a little Creamy Caramel classic ink. I'm not sure if you can tell but I also clear embossed several elements of the texture for a little depth. The bird and sentiment are from the stampset Elements of Style (#118611) from the 2010 Summer Mini Catalog. Thanks for visiting!

No comments: