Sunday, January 17, 2010

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!

Today was my husband's 60th birthday! Seems like just yesterday we were 17, holding hands, walking down the hallways of high school together going to class! Every year when I sit down to create cards for him I have a hard time deciding on a design. He likes plain, simple; nothing that appears frilly! So I was worried about using this SAB cake stamp (Happy Moments #119125 clear mount), it has flowers; but I loved the cake design so I used it but stamped it in Basic Grey, the same color as the base c/s of the card, giving it a tone-on-tone look. I used a piece of the Night and Day dsp from the Holiday Mini as the side border but also the "typed" paper under the torn edge of the Basic Black is from the same dsp. I added a piece of Basic Black c/s. The sentiment is also from a SAB set (Whimsical Words #119119 clear mount) and I used our Whisper White Craft ink to stamp it on the Basic Black c/s. I then used chip board numbers that I inked with Rose Red Craft ink. Hubby was very pleased with the card which of course pleased me no end! Thanks for visiting!!!

No comments: