Monday, January 3, 2011

A LITTLE VINTAGE

Hello Crafters! For today's share I was trying to go for a vintage feel. The card base is Basic Black embossed with Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and the Big Shot. I used dsp from Love Letter as a strip on the card base and Newsprint for the "flower". The idea for the "flower" came from Tim Holtz's blog; he has a die that makes a "rosette" which I based my flower on. I have tried this befoe by folding a strip of paper back and forth but when I saw Tim's blog and how his rosette comes off the die scored; I took the strip of Newsprint dsp and scored it at 1/4" by laying it on my grid sheet and using the scoring tool, pretty simple. What I like about the outcome is the sharp edges. The other idea from Tim's blog was to use the hot glue at the center of the "flower" to apply the brad plus apply a little dab of the hot glue to the back and cover with a 1" punched circle; this caused the "flower" to stay together and lay nicely when applied to the card. Yes, I'll be making more of these in different sizes! The stampset used is Tiny Tags and the Jewlery Tag punch. Other items used are Victoria crochet trim, Raven Lace Trim (Holiday Mini) and Vintage Trinkets. Thanks for visiting!

No comments: