Sunday, February 14, 2010

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Okay, before I get into my project share just a side note, today is my son's 35th birthday! He lives in Washington and I miss him very much! Happy Birthday son!
Here is a project that I've been dying to make! I FINALLY purchased the Box #2 die for the Big Shot and I just love it! So I wanted to make a little Valentines treat for my 14 year old grandson and I said COOL, I got just the project! During Leadership Donna Johnson made me and her other room-mates one of these and I couldn't wait to use the idea. I used Chocolate Chip c/s to cut 2 boxes using the die and the Big Shot then used Sending Love dsp from the Occasions Mini to decorate it. Of course I filled it with some sweets for him, which really is all he wanted, box be darn! LOL! This is a very easy project. After cutting the 2 boxes you fold on the scored lines but you DO NOT fold the lid, this is the top of your little "crate" or container, whichever word you prefer. Then you put just the bottom of the box together following those scored lines. After decorating inside of the lid you punch ONE with the Large Oval Punch, then you decorate inside the other box lid, put the boxes back to back and punch with the Large Oval Punch DIRECTLY over where you punched the other lid; the reason for this is our punches do not go through 2 pieces of c/s PLUS, it lines the handles up PERFECTLY!! Thanks for visiting!

No comments: