Saturday, August 1, 2009

TWO IDEAS...ONE CARD

This card was inspired by two separate events. A couple of weeks ago while in the doctor's office I noticed a new decorative room divider screen. It had 3 panels and was made out of beautiful dark brown wood with a layer of orange material on each of the 3 panels and another layer of green on top of the orange. There were birds, trees and plants painted in gold on each of the 3 green panels. I filed that look away. Today while rummaging through some of my favorite cards, do you hold on to beautiful cards you've created or received? Any-HOO, I found the first card I received from my team leader, Jennifer when I became a demonstrator in 2007. I remember how much I loved that card! In fact the first stamp set I purchased was Bodacious Boquet and the first ink pads I purchased after receiving my kit were the 3 colors she used in her card; Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, and Mellow Moss. Well, I looked at this card, remembered the room screen in the doctor's office...decided to use our Cheep Talk stamp set plus the Perfect and Pale Plum colors. I'm happy with how it came out. Look around you...INSPIRATION IS EVERYWHERE!

No comments: