Tuesday, March 8, 2011

SWEET STITCHES

Hey Crafters! Ever since Stampin' Up! came out with fabric I have had the sewing bug, I can't sew mind you but I really want to learn. Well last Friday evening I was able to attend a class of mostly beginners and I made two small pillows (see below, not SUp! fabric unfortunately). Yay me! I was so happy to finally try it and I like it a lot so now I think I'll purchase a cheap first time sewing machine and see if I can become better by practicing. So staying with that theme today's project share is a card that uses our Sweet Stitches dsp (#121781) from our Occasions Mini. The card is Wild Wasabi c/s layered with Very Vanilla c/s and then that layered with the Sweet Stitches dsp. The button cut-out layer is also part of the dsp, I cut it from a sheet then layered it with Dimensionals. Two of the buttons were made with the Sweet Button Embosslit (#121813 Occasions Mini) and two are Bitty Buttons. The sentiment is from the Easter Blossoms stampset (#121905) also from the Occasions Mini. The flower was made by punching scraps of the Sweet Stitiches dsp with the Scallop Punch, the brad is new and in the Occasions Mini, its a Sweet Stitches fabric brad. Seriously though, doesn't this dsp and brad just make you want to sew, or in my case, give sewing a try?? Thanks for visiting!

No comments: