Sunday, March 6, 2011

"SCRAPPING" MEMORIES


Hello Crafters! This week-end I spent some time doing what I love...STAMPING! I know you're surprised! lol Seriously though some great ideas/layouts popped in my head and I was happy with most of my results. My projects today are a couple of 12x12 scrapbook pages I created. The brown page is of my great grandparents and the black page is of my mother and her sister. What I love most about scrapbooking is writing notes about the pictures and/or the subjects in the pictures. Some day my own great grandchildren will look at the albums I leave behind and know that not only did I create them but that they are reading my own words in my own handwriting, I imagine that will be cool to them. I have very few things with my mothers handwriting on it and none at all with any grandparents handwriting. I think your own writing on scrapbook pages is the most important part of your page, even more that a beautiful layout, of course that is just my humble opinion. But imagine what it would be like to find a note written by your own great, great's; wouldn't it be awesome? Yeah, it would to me too! The page above is Soft Suede c/s layered with First Edition dsp (Occasions Mini) and Very Vanilla c/s. The Soft Suede was stamped using the Button, Button stampset (Occasions Mini) and VersaMark. Then I used the Sweet Buttons embosslits and Very Vanilla c/s to make the faux buttons on the right of the pictures. The other stampset used on this page is Nature Walk which is also from the Occasions Mini. The page below uses Basic Black c/s layered with Basic Gray and Cherry Cobbler c/s, the Basic Gray is layered with Newsprint dsp. The other dsp used is Love Letter which is in the Idea Book and Catalog. Have a wonderful week and thanks for visiting!

No comments: