Monday, August 9, 2010

NEEDLE AND THREAD

Hey Crafters! This past week-end I was pulling out retired stamps, ink pads, cardstock, etc. and ran across this little item. I bought it over two years ago but get this, I could never get it to work. First and foremost I can't sew; not a lick...should I say stitch? I tore cardstock with it, didn't know how to keep the project I was sewing on straight...it was such a hassle I packed this little guy up. Sewing on projects is nothing new, it's just new to me because I couldn't figure it out!! So I thought okay, before I throw this away or put it in a garage sale I'm going to give it one more shot, and so I did. I could really use lessons but this project came out better than I expected. It may be hard to tell but I sewed the Victoria (#118481) crochet trim on the Soft Suede c/s then I added a brad from the new Antique Brads (#117273). Pink Pirouette was used for the card and the bird image was stamped with Soft Suede classic ink from the Level One Hostess set Punch Potpourri (#118394) and then punched it with the Extra Large Two Step Bird punch (#117191), the branch is from the same punch. The sentiment is from the Razzle Dazzle (#116714) stamp set. Oh, and the ribbon is retired but it is Pink Pirouette. I have a couple of more projects I attempted the sewing technique on and let me just say that although I like the look, I need lessons or will have to google "beginners sewing" to really be successful at this. lol! Or perhaps a better craft-type sewing maching? Thanks for visiting!

No comments: