Monday, March 29, 2010

GLITTER BIRD

I have been wanting to try this for some time; using multiple glitter colors on one stamped image. I'll admit, it was a slow process; mostly so the glitter colors wouldn't run onto each other but it was not difficult. I stamped the image with the Friends 24/7 stamp set from the SUp! 09/10 Idea Book and Catalog. The card base is Chocolate Chip c/s with a layer of Whisper White c/s, then a layer of dsp from the Sweet Pea dsp pack in the Occasions Mini. There is also a layer of Old Olive c/s under the stamped image. I used glitter from the Fine Cosmo and Fine Supernova sets in the 09/10 catalog. After first stamping the image in Versa Mark, I applied Heat and Stick powder, set with a Heat Tool, then I applied the glitter by using several scraps of c/s to apply the glitter. I was actually quite happy with the results. I used Old Olive grosgrain ribbon and stamped a sentiment with the Tiny Tags stamp set and punching with the Medium Jewelry Tag punch both from the Occasions Mini. Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Christine said...

WOW! Beautiful! I knew I was going to like your blog! :)