Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful Thoughts

“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.”- Colossians 3:15

It is always at this time of year that I look back and reflect on all that I have to be thankful for. Sometimes we can get so caught up in the day-to-day that we don't recognize our blessings, but if we can get in a quiet place, close our eyes, and exhale...

I AM THANKFUL:
  • to the Lord for his abundunt love and forgiveness.
  • to Jesus Christ, He died on the cross for ME...and you, and you, and you....
  • for salvation and eternal life.
  • for my husband Juan, he still shows me he loves me even though I don't look like the girl I was 36 years ago.
  • for my beautiful daughter Jeniese who a survivor!
  • for my handsome son Butchie, he always makes me smile when he calls.
  • for my grandSON Junior, for changing my life and keeping me young!
  • for my other grand-children; Anthony, Trevon, Angel, Jaelyn, Alexi and Trinity...I miss my babies so much!
  • for my brothers and sister and their love and friendship.
  • for Skyway Church, the pastors and my new friends; my life will forever be changed because of them.
  • for my BF Pam, for her unconditional friendship.
  • for my BF Judy and the history we share.
  • for my Aunt Becky that was always there for my mother.
  • for Janette and Joceille and their hilarious stories.
  • for new friends Cindy, Leslie and Brandi and their friendship.
  • for my FaithSisters and having a place to openly share my Faith.
  • for my Bible Study ladies group and the education they are providing.
  • for my hairdresser, because, well, come on...surely you know WHY we're thanful for someone that can do our hair!

There are many, many more but these stand out immediately to me. So today as you share time with family and/or friends take a moment and reflect on your blessings; and BE THANKFUL.

No comments: